Dental, Plastic, Cosmetic and Maxillofacial Surgery
The department of Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery is lead by the Senior Consultant Dr. Basant Mathema (MD, Czech Republic) with more than 15 years of experience in this field. Two more plastic surgery residents are being trained abroad. Similarly, the department of Maxillofacial Surgery is headed by Dr. Rajib Khadka, Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon (MDS, India) and 1 resident is being trained in present.
- Plastic Surgery
- Microvascular surgery for replantation of limbs and fingers
- Reconstructive surgeries in severe complex trauma. Reconstructive and functional surgeries of hand such as tendon transfers. Dupuytren contracture, congenital deformities like syndactyly, polydactyly, AV malformations, hemangioma, neurofibroma, hypospadias. Acute Burn Injuries/Post Burn contractures, Pressure sores
- Aesthetic/Cosmetic surgeries such as scar revision, otoplasty, blepharoplasty, Rhinoplasty, Face lift, Breast/lip augmentation/reduction, tummy tuck, Liposuction, The highly advanced world renound ALMA LASER for lasertherapy is being launched in coming few months
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Maxillofacial Departmet is always ready to manage simple to complex facial bone fractures, TMJ discorders, Trigeminal neuralgia, Facial nerve palsy, cysts/tumors and other lesions of the oral cavity, head and neck. Orthognathic surgeries to distraction osteogenesis are some surgeries we have introduced recently.
- We can proudly say that, run under our department, B&B Hospital is the only strong partner of Smile Train, in Nepal through which we provide free cleft lip and palate surgeries to more than 600 people yearly.
- Our department has also been running a fully equipped Dental Clinic with an experienced and skilled Dental surgeon and friendly staffs.
- Dr. Basanta Mathema
- Dr. Nirajan Bista
Facts & Figures
|Dental and cosmetic surgeries per year:||1,477|
- Dr. Mahendra Maharjan