The department of Orthopaedic surgery is staffed by 8 full time orthopaedic consultants with special interests in various subspecialties, 3 Registras, 9 residents and 6 house officers.
We are a very academically vibrant department and believe in evidence based care. We strive continually to improve our knowledge and skills by conducting and attending Orthopaedic meetings and workshops as well as publishing our work in national and international journals.
- Trauma Services
- B&B is nationally and internationally famous as a tertiary level trauma care facility catering to every type of complex trauma like pelvic injuries, multiple trauma, poly trauma etc.
- Elective Services
- Joint replacement surgery: Total Hip Replacement, Total Knee Replacement
- Arthroscopy and Sports medicine: Knee, Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist including ligament recontruction
- Spine surgery including spinal deformity correction: Tuberculosis, Scoliosis, Trauma, Tumors etc.
- Paediatric orthopaedics: All varieties of paediatric orthopaedic disorders like birth problems (eg. Clubfoot, Hip Dysplasia, Cerebral Palsy etc), infection and its sequlae, trauma and injuries, tumors
- Upper extremity and hand surgery
- Prof. Ashok Kumar Banskota
- Assoc. Prof. Babu Kaji Shrestha
- Dr. Abhiram Singh
- Dr. Ishor Pradhan
- Dr. Saroj Rijal
- Dr. Tarun Rajbhandari
- Dr. Om Prasad Shrestha
- Dr. Bibek Banskota
- Dr. Rajesh K. Chaudhary
- Dr. Shilu Shrestha
- Dr. Ram Krishna Barakoti
Facts & Figures
|Admissions per year:||2,886|
|Surgeries per year:||6,467|
|OPD Consultations per year:||19,597|